Friday, May 8, 2009

I Do It Really Well...

That phrase had me worried. I went to a special Mother's Day tea party with Kate today at her preschool. They had a story prepared where each of them had to fill in the end of this sentence, "My Mother is excellent at..."
You can imagine the fear that struck at the heart of every mother there - and most certainly me. I started filling in the blank in my head. Sleeping was the first thing that came to mind and then all sorts of of even less appealing answers. To my relief my sweet Kate said...
"My Mother is really, really, really, really excellent at sewing and making me dolls."

I loved all the extra reallys.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I can think of a dozen or so things that you're really, really good at. Happy to hear that Katie picked the sewing and doll one. =) So cute.

RuSty and LaLa said...

I was hoping for a juicy one...just so you know we teachers take everything those little guys say with a grain of salt.
Once I was talking about animals and plants of the desert and it seemed every one in my class knew someone who had been stung by a scorpion. 6 year olds, from Hawaii...I don't think so.

Nicole said...

I bet I'm better at sleeping! What a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Katie is so darn cute, and I bet she had a hard time trying to decide.
Love
Mom

Sarah said...

You do a million things well! The mother's day tea looked so fun--Katie is so cute!

shelly said...

She is totally right! How fun!