Wednesday, September 10, 2008

At Last...Why I Love Dave

Dave and I catching up on "us" time in Florence Italy during Dave's year in Egypt

Ages ago I started a series of posts about why I love the different members of my family. I stopped short at Dave. Not because I didn't love him, of course! But I don't really know how to put into words what it is about him that makes me love him so much. And when I have tried for the sake of this post what comes out sounds so selfish. And maybe my reasons for loving him are selfish... What it all comes down to though, is that I love Dave because he loves me. So totally unconditionally and with all of his heart. What more could a girl ask for. When I spend the family fortune, go a week without cooking a real dinner, forget to do something important, nag him about this or that, snap at him in frustration, refuse his help or advice and all those other nasty things the less better half of myself sometimes lets slip out he never, ever raises his voice at me. I never feel judged. I am always forgiven. No matter what, Dave, like Ingrid Michaelson's song on my play list, loves me for who and what I am.

I love that he is my best friend. There are times in life when I know that all I need is for him to come home, hold me, hug me or just plain sit beside me and I know everything will feel better. He is the constant means of optimism in my sometimes pessimistic life. There are a ton of text book things to list, if I were making a list of all the things I love about Dave. But honestly if it weren't for that very selfish reason, that it's just because he loves me so completely back, there wouldn't be any "Us". Because that is why I married him. I knew I would always be his princess, good times or bad.
And when I heard this song on the radio, I thought, "Well I'm not the only one"...so I'm finally writing this post.

10 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

Jen...what an awesome post. What a legacy to leave for your children. What a great idea to blog about your loves! You motivate me so much! Miss you too much!

Familia Bethers said...

I love this post! More though, I love the picture!

Lisa said...

Beautifully written and an amazing picture!!

Heather said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to copy you. Great picture.

Jamie C. said...

So sweet Jen. Good for you for writting that down! I bet Dave loved reading it as I'm sure your children will one day.

Daniel T said...

I must agree, Dave's a cool guy! I'll leave the kissing to you though.

Rebecca said...

You guys are amazing and that is what it all comes down to!

Millers! said...

What a great post... I also love that picture... I also LOVE Florence.. Italy is amazing!

Fisher Family said...

beautifully written and beautiful picture!

sixlayerdip said...

Ahhh, that is so sweet!! What a great idea! I may steal it too!