Monday, October 13, 2008

80's Eat Your Heart Out!

This weekend Dave and I went to a birthday party for our friend April Clark. It was hands down the best party I have ever been to. April and Tyler asked us to come dressed in our best bodacious get-up. What better place to start our search than the thrift store districts. We went on a double date with our friends the Phillips with the express purpose of getting the perfect costume. We had more fun laughing at each other than anything else. But we came home with great costume makings.

The night of the party Rachel and I went to our local hair saloon to have our hair done. It was then that I realized I was born just a few years too late for fame and fortune to shine down upon me. I would have had the BEST hair for the 80's. Think of the year book's entry for "BEST HAIR". Oh well. I also discovered that I absolutely love 80's makeup trends. I had so much fun with the eyeshadow. And wow did all those crazy colors make my own eye color pop! YEAH!

I was so impressed with all of the creative things our friends put together. I think we had every fashion trend represented that night. Voting for best costumes was painful because it could have been anybody!

It was just such a great night of food, games and the coolest company around! The best part was popping in a rad soundtrack the Clarks had made for us on the way home and talking about how we are so grateful for so many dope friends!

10 comments:

Familia Bethers said...

You guys always know how to have fun! (And so do you're friends).

Jamie C. said...

I'm glad your camera survived your awesome fall. It would have been a shame to not have these pictures. Oh, and it would have totally sucked to have a broken camera. Yeah, that too. You looked hot by the way!

Malpractice said...

That Combs guy is a disgrace to the Man Race!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUxi_Eo6fU

McInnes Family said...

That's awesome! I can't believe you can get Dave to dress up like that. Can you have him give Matt a call? :) We have a Halloween party this weekend and Matt thinks he is going as a Dentist :( Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

The Seaquist Family said...

Like I said...that is just mean to flaunt something so fun in my face! Looks like a party that everyone is going to be talking about for a long time. Great costumes.

Nicole said...

I love 80s music. That sounds like you had fun!

April said...

DUH, a slide show! Good job:) Loved having you guys there!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Dave...I mean Mr. T you da bomb...I pitty the Foo who didn't vote for you!

Sara said...

Thanks again for taking pictures...I am also glad that your camera is alright! MR T was still my favorite costume!!

Andrea said...

You know, people make fun of the 80's and I really resent that. Those were the glory years, my high school years. Your hair looks a lot like my spiral perm did back then. So totally rad!
Mr. T. you rock!