Thursday, November 20, 2008

Climbing Steps

This last Saturday Dave, Kate, Sara and I were watching Happy Feet. I sat Sara down after she finished nursing expecting her to crawl around downstairs and entertain herself by taking "out" everything she could get her hands on. But after only a minute or two Chase and Emily call down from upstairs (where they are playing on the computer), "Mom, did you bring Sara upstairs?" I said, "No...she's downstairs with us." "No she's not she's right here..." And then it dawned on us all at once that she must have made it up the steps by herself. And in no time at all. I had just put her down.

Sure enough all of the downstairs people make their way upstairs to be greeted by Sara, happy and smiling at the top of the steps. And then our excitement only made her even more excited. Just to see for ourselves that our little pigeon really could climb the steps we carried her down for a second round. (this time with witnesses)

She was up the stairs in a jiffy and so happy to be such a center of attention and hoopla! So here is video of Sara's second climb of our steps. Sorry for the bad light. It was nighttime and there is only so much a single bulb can brighten.


13 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to go Sara! The smile at the end is my favorite! She was so proud of herself! She is so adorable!

Sarah said...

That video is priceless! I love how happy she is and her excited inhalations (Claire does the same thing)! When is your family coming down?? Do you have time for breakfast?

Heather said...

She's fast! She does not look like a beginner. Good job Sara!

Nicole said...

She IS an expert! She had Happy Feet as well...

Kath said...

The sound of her giggle is soooo CUTE and her brother and sisters cheering her on is priceless!

Anonymous said...

That put a smile on my face!
Love
Mom

Honeycombs said...

I love how happy mom is taking the video. You have such a good laugh and it made me smile. It is amazing that you don't have to teach her how to go down the stairs.

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I love my grandbabies. Good thing that she isn't at one of her grandparents houses!!!
Tucson Grandpa

mom said...

Wow! Up in a jiffy and down, too! Way to go Sara!

McInnes Family said...

She is so cute! It's crazy how fast they grow up. Too fast! My little guy is 19 months now. It goes way too quick. I love all your posts. They are always so interesting and fun to read. And your family is so cute. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

look out! here comes sara!

Familia Bethers said...

WOW! I can't believe how BIG she is getting. ONE is just around the corner! Way to go Sara! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Cathy said...

Good job Sara! Boy, they get quick, don't they?!