Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Face Of A Killer

Papa Vito you terrible man...killing Barry Underwood in cold blood

Happy New Year Everyone. Doesn't this convicted felon look a lot like David? The resemblance is scary.

We had a marvelous New Year's Eve and hope you did too! Dave and I hosted our first Murder Mystery to usher in the new year year. It was a riot. Kids partied upstairs and adults downstairs. And it worked out believe it or not. We were limited by the numbers of players in the game, I have done some research since and have discovered that there are online companies that will create games for you including catering to the number of guests you would like to invite. So next year we will try that out. But this year was awesome!!!!!

The Cast of Characters (and Suspects)

Bonney Lass and Bud Wiser

Tiny Bubbles and Ralph Rottingrape

Otto Von Schnapps and Merilyn Merlot

Papa Vito and Heddy (me but of course no picture...my costume was too lame!)

It took us almost three hours to discover that Papa Vito out of Spite for being taken for granted sunk low enough to Bury Barry in the wine cellar.

After our wild night of accusations we brought the kids done and Heather taught us all how to play Mafia. We played several rounds. So much fun. Emily talked about it all day long the next day and wanted to play it with any friend that came through our door.

Once we were all gamed out we went out into the freezing cold to light fireworks. Fortunately as is my custom I over bought for the 4rth of July. (everyone else was done and we still had a whole box to go...so we took some home to save for New Years) The kids and Dad's treated us to a pretty decent light display and then we came inside and talked a bit before finally heading off to bed.

I parties and I LOVE to dress up. This a tradition that is totally a keeper!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on where is your costume? fun.
Love
Mom

Meghan said...

And poor little me. Stuck at home unable to celebrate because everyone else was ASLEEP!

Nicole said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun- as always :)

Heather said...

Oh, come on! Your costume was great! Complete with matching headband. Why didn't I think to steal the camera from you?!!!!

mom said...

It looks like you had a blast! You are sooo creative.

Honeycombs said...

Thanks for hosting the party, we loved it and I am still dreaming of all that yummy cheese.

sixlayerdip said...

That just makes me laugh...glad you guys had fun. I think my kids heard the fireworks!