Saturday, November 17, 2007

Camera Crazy


Kate was the only one home during our one hour of sunshine today so she got to be the test subject. Dave siad, "why didn't you wash her face." That would have been so smart huh?!

Well...I must be the most indecisive person on Earth. I have been researching and testing out cameras now for weeks and I don't feel like I'm getting very far. The only thing that I have decided for sure is that I definitely want a digital SLR. We are trial running the Canon xti (Thank you Costco) and I love it. My pictures are awesome and I don't have any clue what I'm doing! So I guess I've narrowed it down to the Canon rebel xti and the Nikon d40x. I have laboured diligently reading reviews and looking up reports online and they both are so similar on paper that I have no clue which to chose. I need to trial run the Nikon but in the meantime please share your knowledge with me. If you have any opinion at all about Canon vs. Nikon or about using either of the cameras in the running please share. I posted a practice picture that I took with the rebel. Just having fun with the auto mode.


Some flowers from my flower bed.


Dave took this of our crabapple tree.

3 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

I think you and I are having the same problem. I am driving Derek crazy between those two cameras telling him that I want one for Christmas. I think I have finally decided that it is like choosing between two of the best cameras ever. I just hope to get one, although I must admit I am currently leaning towards the Nikon (I like the way it feels). But I do have friends who LOVE the Canon. I personally have decided that it is a win win situation. I just HOPE I get one.

Lisa said...

I don't think you can go wrong. I have the Nikon D40 and love it... but have never tried out the Canon. I'm with Mary... I think either way you'll love it. The pictures look fabulous!!!

Jamie C. said...

I love that picture of the crabapple tree, beautiful. Have fun experiementing with the cameras. THese look great though!