Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pre School Pals


I love Katie's little preschool group. I don't know why I ever hesitated. She has had such a fun time learning. I am always so happy with what all of her friends Mom's have planned on their days. Oh course I'm having a blast teaching when it is my turn too. (Sara is not such a big fan but she's trying) Katie is always bringing home the funnest projects. She is faithfully watering her "V" for vegetable bean plant everyday. We have a new favorite kid recipe for Space Mud. (doesn't that just sound cool?) My fridge is completely covered with beautiful art projects. Kate wakes up every morning and the first words out of her mouth are, "Do I have friends school today Mom?" If the answer is yes the next question is, "What letter are we going to do today?" My turn was a week or two ago and I decided to redo a project that I had done with Emily's Friend school class. She still treasures her little alphabet book we made together. So Kate and her 5 friends and I went on an alphabet scavenger hunt around the house. They had to find things that started with each letter with the alphabet with no help from me. (I definitely would have chosen more obvious objects) They were all over the place trying to find the perfect thing. They each took turns holding objects and taking pictures. Next time I have school we will write all of our letters. I took things a step too far maybe and had the kids go outside to make people letters. We made it to "N" and I started loosing them! By "W" I had to quiet or face an utter mutiny! So we will have to finish poor w,x,y,and z another day. Here's a preview...
PS. The poor girls haven't seen sun in a few months so they were always covering up their eyes!

2 comments:

Jamie C. said...

SUch a cute picture, and I love that you did that with all the girls. I think it is so suiting that they all have their eyes closed or hands over their faces! Hilarious! Poor, washington girls!

Lisa said...

Fun fun. Wish Megan was there too!