Saturday, December 13, 2008

Piano Recital

Emily had her first piano recital today. I sinned greatly. Not only did I not bring the camcorder to record her playing, I didn't even bring my camera. What kind of mother am I? I begged Heather (piano teacher's wife) to take a picture for us and the recording is totally staged after the math.

Emily made us so proud. She played her pieces perfectly. I wish I had filmed her at the recital because she played a duet with Brother Robertson for the Sugar Plum fairy piece and it sounded amazing. She was pretty nervous but enjoyed herself.

We have finally found a niche for Emily with piano. She has been taking lessons for 2 1/2 months and is doing great. I have never once had her complain about practicing and more importantly she still loves it. After failing with Ballet, Soccer and Gymnastics I was beginning to wonder if we would ever find something she loved.

I can't wait to hear more from her. It makes me so happy we bought a piano.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish I could have been there to see it, and hear it. I am really proud of her.
Love
Grandma D

Nicole said...

I am glad she did well- probably better than her Aunt...