Monday, December 8, 2008

Wilderness Park

One of the things that I really wanted to do while visiting Grandma and Grandpa in California was to visit Wilderness Park. It is a park right down the road from them and I swear it must be a water fowl sanctuary. We have always loved to visit the ducks. They get fed so much it is a wonder their tummies don't explode. We came to this park on our last morning with Dad before he left for Egypt three years ago. And even now, years later, I can still feel the pull of those long ago emotions. But this trip was for a specific purpose. I wanted to take pictures of birds. I have found that they are some of my favorite subjects. So with the overwhelming abundance of birds at this park I figured I had a chance at getting some great shots. And I did. First here are some pictures of the kids. They love to feed the ducks and Sara eventually warmed up to the idea after giving the little bread munchers a few dirty looks.



Here are my two favorite shots from the outing...

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love that picture of the duck. It looks like it has something to say.

Anonymous said...

dude! great pics!

Nicole said...

The last shot is so funny. I can imagine some good captions...

RuSty and LaLa said...

Very fun! When I look at these pictures it reminds me of the times we went when we were the same age. There is a home video that somes it all up. You should ask dave about it. Liz and sas in bootie shorts, quentin giving part of his talk for church, Mike giving a fabulous heartfelt rendition of "Dead Dog Rover", and me eating bread and crawling in duck poop...Good times!