Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blueberry Jackpot!

On our way home from Pioneer farms we passed by a sign advertising u-pick blueberries. I turned to Judy (who likes blueberries as much as I love chocolate) and said, "what do you think?" I must admit I already knew the answer and was soon turning around to find the berry farm. It was just a little place off the side of the rode. We stopped for maybe 30 minutes until Sara woke up screaming. That was our cue to go. I think she and I were the only ones really ready to head home though. The rest of the crew were totally lost in berry bushes. We picked 8 pound between the 6 of us. Kate and I hardly count though. It was only $10 dollars. that's right, read it and weep all you berry less state dwellers. You should totally move to Washington. It is the coolest of the cool! We had homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast yesterday. Judy brought over blueberry smoothies and the kids are bothering me to try blueberry jam. What a wonderful world!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Is that the same blueberry farm on East D street in Tacoma? The picture doesn't look like it. Good to know they're finally ready to pick!

Colbert said...

I loved to pick berries when we lived in Wisconsin. So far no berries in Utah, but we will keep looking.

Nicole said...

Ahh, can you hear me sobbing. I'm cheap, love berries, and love U-Picks... Not fair...