Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Monster Couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I promised everyone this story, well picture really, so long ago. It all started when we were getting ready to leave for the kite festival a few months ago. I told Dave I really needed a break from the dog. We had taken Zeke on the last two vacations with us and I just needed a break from worrying about him. Plus we were going with our friends who are not dog people and I just didn't want to have to yell OFF! and DOWN! all weekend long. So, I wanted to board Zeke at the kennel. Dave, he is such a softy, thought we should ask our friends to dog sit. So we called them up and they said yes and we were off. The next day we got a call from a very apprehensive friend. Zeke despite all their efforts was being a pain. I think he just had separation anxiety. My girl friend called and the phone call went something like this: "Jen....I have bad news......" "What, what's wrong?" "Zeke destroyed the couch." "How bad?" "I just don't know how he even got he zipper open on the one cushion." "It's OK I wanted a new couch anyway." ................... the conversation went on. I got off the phone and Dave asked for the down low. I told him that it was bad news for him and good news for me and he knew right away that it was about the couch. So now, for all of you that have been patiently waiting to see the extent of the damage, here it is!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I could not stop laughing, probably because we also have a dog. I can relate, although our dog has never gone for anything the size of a couch!