Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dave's last day Active Duty Army! Hooray!


So I'm done working for the Army. I'm truly out on the 31st to be honest, but right now I'm getting paid to sit at home and play Halo... er, I mean help Jen with chores around the house.

Leaving active duty in the Army is a little sad. I'm going to miss being the guy in camouflage. The little kids think I'm so cool. I'll also miss being able to respond, "Hooah!" when someone asks me a question. Separation from the Army also brings an old argument between Jen and me to center stage. Where are we going to settle down?

On the whole I'm happy about it. I'm really looking forward to dentistry in the real world. I'm excited about finally growing my mullet out, and now I can go on a trip to Canada over the weekend without any one's permission or having to take a course on counter-terrorism. Mostly though, there is some peace of mind knowing that I'm not going to have to spend more time away from Jen and the kids.

So would I sign up again knowing what I know now? I don't know, I'll let you know if I find myself in that situation.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Chris is so jealous that you are done Dave. What would that be like???