Monday, April 28, 2008

Tulip Festival


We finally made it. Like so many of our friends before us we went to the Tulip Festival this weekend. It was good to be the last. We had all the great ideas of our friends before us to help us make our own travel plans. The weather was absolutely beautiful. It was sunny and warm and perfect in every way. We took off Friday afternoon after the kids got home and had lunch. We almost had the tulip fields to ourselves. There were only a handful of other visitors and no traffic (yeah!!). The flowers were excellent posers and the kids were all too happy to play with the bugs buzzing around the flowers and picking all the dandelions in sight.

Dave and I had a great time trying out our new camera lenses and trying to compose nice photos. I think Dave and I might have finally found something we enjoy doing together. I think we work pretty well together being photographers.

The tulips were awesome but one of the coolest parts of our vacation was getting to run into some of our favorite traveling friends at our hotel. We were just checking in when we spied Eric and Landon Flake coming out of the pool. Way too cool. We put the little ones to sleep. Sent the big kids up to our room to play games and watch a movie and stayed downstairs in the Flakes room to play San Juan. I must write that I won hands down. Always a great added bonus to any good vacation!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Those are some of the most beautifull pictures... I love Sara with her hat...

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS pictures! Amazing fields of tulips. I'm so jealous. I guess I have to settle for saguaros. The orange verigated tulip photo is my fave! The kids look so happy!

Jamie C. said...

Your pictures look amazing. I love the yellow one with the barn and the pink one with the one tulip sticking up! So glad you guys had a great time!

So Lost And Found said...

Great Pics at the Tulips. I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

Seriously beautiful pictures. There so dynamic and colorful. You're family shot is great too. I can't believe I,ve lived here most of my life and haven't been yet. Ok, I really need to next year. Glad you guys had a great time.

Sarah said...

I just read that the festival has been extended through this weekend, so maybe you won't be the last to see it afterall. I'm stlll thinking if I want to make it happen or wait until next year . . . the pictures are tempting!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Gorgeous photos. Love the one tall yellow tulip with barn in the background. Wow... wish I had made the trip up there when I was there. Seems like it's the thing to do this year!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.