Thursday, July 2, 2009

"He didn't say smores." - Kate

The kids are all watching Survivor Man as I make frail attempts to clean up the house. The Survivor man, Les Stroud, is talking about the things he has packed for his seven days of survival in the Sierra Nevada's. He has two meals, a tent, sleeping bag and some other various camping stuff.

I heard Kate say, "He didn't say smores."

Just plain matter-of-factly.

Then she says, "He said all the stuff you need for camping, but didn't say smores."

Apparently, for Kate, smores are a matter of survival.
It made me smile, and I haven't smiled all day.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so cute! It's the best when kids say stuff like that and you really need a smile too:) I love your new photo!!

Nicole said...

WHAT WAS HE THINKING?????

Anonymous said...

Katie,
You made me smile today too. Love you.
Grandma D

Anonymous said...

Well, yea, and especially that brown stuff!!!
Tucson Grandpa.

Arty the Torch said...

like mother, like daughter, I guess. My kids are excited to try them with pb cups. yum!