Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Steilacoom

We went to see sea stars and sea stars we saw! As we strolled along the shore, I thought to myself as I listened to the sound of the surf and the squeals of the kids in the background, why am I moving? I love it here. I love being close to the sound. The sound is so beautiful and provides for so many adventures. I will miss the Sound. I will miss seeing it on our strolls through the forested trails. I will miss canoe rides to almost deserted islands. I will miss ferry rides to premium swim spots. I will miss rainbow colored sea stars and little pinchy crabs. I will miss it's beauty. The kids will miss it too, though they don't know it yet.

We went hunting...
The tide was low...
The weather perfect...

Our friends had captured an octopus the day before. I have to admit that was on our mind. We really wanted to see an octopus. They are so full of mystery. Karin's kids had seen there's ink and everything. So an octopus would have been really nice. It wasn't meant to be though. We found lots of other cool creatures though. A hermit crab, some really funky long armed crabs, fish heads (yuck), slimy snots (we have no idea what they really are, they are disgusting), big crabs, sea stars, sun stars and lots of other shells, snails and bug creatures. Are favorite were the sea stars.
Not Sara though.
Look at that face. She was not about to touch this really cool, squishy creature!

The next second she had found away to keep her hands safely out of trouble.These guys, with their way more safe feeling stiff bodies were more up her ally.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I laughed so hard at Sara's hands! (Kind of like Becca keeping her teeth and belly button safe)

RuSty and LaLa said...

I don't know if you noticed but the picture of the three startfish...the colors coordinate with the children's clothes, kinda

way fun

Cathy said...

Wow, you found some good stuff! I'm with Sara, though, and I have to say I would't touch that thing either!

judy said...

The Puget Sound sounds like a great place. I don't think I would ever want to leave somewhere as amazing and adventurous as that.

April said...

Awesome!!! Where was this?? Saltars??? Let me know where to find cool stuff since we have to live here two more years:)

Anonymous said...

What a great time, Cute Sara had me laughing. Amazing finds.
Love ya
Mom

Jamie C. said...

when and where did you go? i am SO jealous! sara's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love my grandbabies. Can't wait to see them.
Tucson Grandpa.

The Seaquist Family said...

You know, it really isn't nice to post such cool things when I don't live there to do them. I miss Washington. Everything it SO FAR from where we live. Looks like such a fun day.

Arty the Torch said...

those starfish are unreal. I can't believe the purple one. Amazing! Looks so fun! I wouldn't want to move away either.