Saturday, July 4, 2009

MUD

MUD RUN 2009
The muddiest year yet.

One of our families favorite family traditions is the Mud Run at Fort Lewis. Every 4rth of July for the last three years we have gotten up early to run. OK Dave and Chase run and the girls cheer, and run all over the course trying to get good pictures.

Each year the Mud Run has gotten progressively muddier and longer. It started as a 5K (3.1 miles). Last year it was a 7K (4.4 miles). And this year it was an 8K (4.97 miles). The course changes every year too. They added the deep pit back this year. It is my favorite. there were more low crawls and I don't remember the tire obstacle.

I love seeing my boys do something hard together. Next year Emily might try joining in on the fun and it will become more of a family event. Not just for the guys. If I could find a photographer I would think about it. I guess I'll never have to worry though, not much hopes of hiring a personal photographer for the morning.
Here are some of my favorite shots.

The Boys in all of their MUDDY glory!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! this is why God gave me girls.
But looks like they had fun. What ever do you do to the clothes?
Love
Mom

The Seaquist Family said...

That is so awesome! I love it. If I was there I would so be your personal photographer. Anything would be worth seeing you run it. What a great team of men you have. Fun day.

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

That looks like sooooooo much fun. I would love to be able to participate in something like that!! What a great way to making running interesting!!

Kath said...

Great pictures! It looks like soooo much fun and what great memories Chase will have of running with his dad.

Nicole said...

oh- it looks like they had a blast! you're right- you do have an awesome community!

Andrea said...

My boys would have love that! How fun! Great job guys!

Andrea said...

My boys would have love that! How fun! Great job guys!

Cathy said...

Wow, that is so cool! I've never even heard of that run. I'm glad your boys enjoy it so much!

Anonymous said...

The Army way! Now I know what I don't miss!
Tucson Grandpa

Colbert said...

Ok, so there are a few more post. I'll have to read them all and catch up. Great seeing you guys.