Monday, January 7, 2008

Follow the Prophet

Katie had her first day of Sunbeams yesterday. She woke up so excited. She has been counting down the Sundays for a month now. On Saturday night we sang her "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam" as we tucked her in bed. The smile on her face was so big! As we got ready for church she kept asking questions about what was going to happen:

-"Will my friends be there?"
-"Will there be toys?"
-"Will you be there?"
-"What about snack?"

After picking her up from her class she was so excited to tell us about her class and her new teacher Sister "Beaver" also called Sister "Fever" a few hours later. Eventually I hope she will learn to call her Sister Dever...Hopefully Sister Dever has a really good since of humor :-)

Sister Pace the Primary Chorister must have made quite an impact as well. Kate has been singing all day long. Especially a Primary favorite, "Follow The Prophet." Except Katie has rewritten it and it now goes:

Follow the Prophet
Follow the Prophet
Follow the Prophet
Don't take a LEFT!

Katie we are all so excited for you!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunbeams are so much fun! I love Primary because you never know what the kids are going to say. I once had a five year old tell me his favorite animal was the south american scarlet macaw. I had to look it up on the internet after church.

Oh... and thanks to Katie I'll always remember to not take a LEFT.

Kath said...

Congrats to Katie! Can you believe our babies are out of nursery now. Oh yeah, you have another baby...lucky you!
Love, Kathryn

April said...

OK Elise calls her Sister Beaver too!!! I thought that was so funny. I am sure they will get it eventually.