Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Where does the time fly to?

I'm sure you've heard the joke:
Q: Why did the boy throw his watch out the window?
A: because he wanted to see time fly.

The poor kid could have kept his watch. All he needs to do is visit my house!

I feel like I've lost my mind this week. It seems like there is so much to do and no time to do it all. Even late nights don't catch me up. If you know how uptight I am about being on time for things, meeting deadlines and not procrastinating (my Mom is going to have a heart attack when she reads that...but I'm not the same girl I once was) than you can probably imagine how this week has me all wound up! This week I have had two days of preschool to prepare for and teach in my home, a cub scout pack meeting to help Dave get ready for, an eBay scam ring to crack, a doctors appointment, a sick Dad to worry about and get a care package off to, school to volunteer at, bills to pay ... and all the other regular Mom duties. It doesn't seem like much now that I'm writing it all down. But, I am totally overwhelmed mentally. I am so distracted that I kept walking by my laundry room and smelling foul air. I thought to myself that the dog was really in need of a bath. (we put him there when we leave or have company) The smell kept getting worse and worse. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me to check the washer. Sure enough I had started a load and forgotten it. YUCK! The worst part is that even now that I've discovered the load I still can't remember when I started it. I'm losing it! Maybe it's the new baby. I feel like I'm just dragging my kids everywhere and we haven't had any good stay at home time. Fortunately they have been spared some of the errands by friends who have invited them over to play. But poor baby Sara. She knows every nook and cranny of her car seat by now.

I need a nice relaxing day with nothing eating at my mind!

-Desperately Drained in DuPont

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! It always makes me laugh:) Don't think I'm laughing at your expence, I just totally understand how you feel. (lol) Between being a fulltime student, fulltime mommy, and trying to be a wife, I don’t know how I manage. I think they have a word for moms during those kinds of weeks—SUPRERMOM:) Hopefully your next week will be breezier. (that’s not a word?:)

P.S. I hate it when ebay shopping goes bad:)

Fisher Family said...

I love that you said you had a ebay scam ring to crack. Hope you were successful. I too can feel your pain esp. w/ laundry these days. Between unpacking switching from summer clothes to winter clothes changing sizes for the girls it just never ends. I guess it's one of those things where I should be grateful we have clothes right?!

Lisa said...

Jen, I'm with you. How am I suposed to keep my house clean? How? I feel like putting a 'do not enter' sign on the rooms that are clean. Can I please just have all the rooms clean at the same time? I was cleaning late one night and Chris asked me why I was cleaning so late. I said, 'so I can get a headstart on tomorrow' and then I though... headstart on what? How can you get a headstart on something that's never done!

Cathy said...

I'm so glad to learn I'm not the only one feeling this way! I feel like I work all day and at the end of the day, I look around and I can't tell what I've done!

The Seaquist Family said...

Each night as I watch Derek clean something in the house I think that I am the worst wife ever. And then I remind myself that I am the luckiest wife ever that has a husband that just gets up and cleans it and never says a word of complaint to me. I hear you on the laundry and I don't even have a new baby. Oh, I find myself laying awake at night inventing crazy bases the Army is going to transfer us to. Or is Derek booked into the right hotel room. Or who knows what crazy thing...I do seem to be up alot...just going crazy I guess.

Anonymous said...

Just keep your shoulder to the wheel it all works out in the end. This is why you have children when you are young. And you are right I thought when I read the part about being on time was soooooo funny!!!! Just remember you have a great family a husband that loves you and 4 of the most beautiful children in the whole wide world.
Love
Mom

Jamie C. said...

Jen, your house was perfectly clean, I couldn't smell anything, preschool was successful, we sang where is rectangle all the way home and little babies love car seats! You're doing great! I am so sorry to hear about your dad, please let me know if you need help with anything!