Monday, January 7, 2008

A Forever Friend



I thought this week it would be fun to share what I loved the most about each member of my family. For some reason I feel like starting with Emily. I think that if you looked up "friend" on wikipedia it would include Emily in the definition. She is definitely made up of best friend material. Emily gets along with everyone she meets. I remember going to the beach once and before I even had all of our stuff set up I turned around and there was Emily playing in the sand with a little girl we had never met before. That wasn't unusual, it happens everywhere we go. She is uninhibited when it comes to meeting people. I never worry about her making friends in a new class at school or church. She is just so sweet and outgoing, a perfect combination.

Once a friend of Emily's always a friend of Emily's. She doesn't know how to hold a grudge. If you hurt her tender feelings you are automatically forgiven. If you live on the other side of the country you are still her best friend. She is a faithful letter writer. And always interested in visiting old friends if we are in the area. Everyone is a "best friend". I can imagine that by the time Emily finishes college she will have a "best friend" in every state. Someone she will always want to visit no matter where she is.

Emily is the kind of friend that would drop everything to help you. I have no doubt that as she grows older and her friendships even more meaningful and lasting that those that she befriends will always be thankful for their association with her. Emily will willingly share everything she has with you. She will be your pillar of strength, a beacon of light and with a heart full of love you will always have someone to turn to that will do nothing but love you unconditionally.

Emily, you are just the kind of girl I always wished I would have. Full of life and imagination. I love that you believe in faries, that you love to sing and dance and that you have such a beautiful laugh and smile. You are truly a joy.

http://

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Emily too! Your right she is a great friend. I loved seeing the pictures of Emily with her friends (especially with Eliza)! Eliza misses her so much!
Love, Kathryn

Lisa said...

I love the picture of her and Katie and Maddie. What fun. Katie is still without a good friend here. She misses her DuPont friends!